Friday, August 31, 2007

demi-dreams

demi-dreams are those dreams that occur when im at the place between sleep and awakeness, when the alarm clock has rang twice and im telling myself just another five minutes and i'll be up.

There was a girl- blond with all black outfit- jeans and maybe a leather jacket. And black lipstick. There was a rollercoaster ride- going up and down my head whipped around by the sharp turns. And her, just there, looking at me quietly.

Then im back in my bed- i can see myself, lying in bed, but im also the one in bed, asleep under my comforter. The sun is streaming through the half open curtain and she's standing there in my room here. She comes close, puts a hand on my bed and leans in. Then she kisses me. A slow kiss, the kind that starts off gingerly, first just a touch and then it becomes deeper and stronger. Im no longer seeing myself, im now the one in bed, being kissed awake by this blond girl with black lipstick and all i can think of is how im getting black lipstick all over me.

And then i wake up, properly this time. I knew it was all a dream, but it felt so real. My lips are slightly swollen and sore- like ive been throughly kissed, or been biting my lips through the night.

Very odd. I shouldnt be posting this really, but this is dream that i wanna remember. Because in my gut it feels important. This is my paper-saving diary after all.

3 comments:

Only Kye said...

wow... a make out session with a blond chick with black lipstick. i would so go crazy with psycho analyzing that hun.

could it be.. that you've been flirting with danger? ohoho.

i know what you mean tho, i have no idea why i so publicly spew out my guts on the blog when i have 'important' dreams, but it's like, if i don't say it out loud, if i don't tell someone, i'll forget and the feeling is so strong when i wake up that i don't want to forget. and so i replay it in my head, and tell the first person i trust, and just in case they weren't listening, i write down anywhere and read it over and over again and...yeah. yeah. dreams are so...

i remember when we were learning about the theory of how memory forms in the brain, and it has something to do with repeated stimulation of certain neurons in the limbic system (was it the limbic system?). and that's why if you do something enough times, or see, touch, hear something enough times, i.e. experience external stimulation enough times, then you will have this internal experience in your brain i.e. memory.

BUT with dreams, they slip away so easily because all the experience begins internally! and like, how do you SEE these things in your mind? and how do you not forget COMPLETELY since your neurons never really had any stimulation to begin with?

oh my head throbs. i am so excited. i wish i could like, go nuts over this over coffee with you and some nutsy others.

Unknown said...

I'll have your pin ready, should you ever decide to cross over to the dark side.
Otherwise... I'd say this is the sequel to the other dream you had when you were 14. It involved a tongue stuf if I remember right. :)

Anonymous said...

First the limbic system and now someone ready to receive me on the dark side.... I am blessed with wonderful friends.....

Lovies Liez, now in norway!