Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Balance

This new friend will either make or break me. It will take discipline and strength of character; both of which I have none. I'll need both to sustain this.

Time and distance is the enemy. I need to make the most of time and... Not much I can do about distance. There is much going on in my life; professionally there is a lot I need to achieve and there are new comrades at work I would like to foster strong bonds with. Old friends who need love and gossip.

And then there is this- something undefined yet very comforting. I was always comfortable with lack of structure but im wary of the lack of security. It is different from anything else I've known- but for now, it's good and it works.

We have spoken about how we are good for each other- I'm helping him get over a vaguely alluded to heartbreak/nervous breakdown and he with my discomfiture with relationships. It's partially working- he's says he's sleeping better and my hair is looking amazing; I'm still as insecure about the opposite sex as I was though.

 I'll need make the most of my time- I'll need maximise work, study and exercise and home chores during the working week and on wind down on off days with friend-time. It will take planning, lots of trainline bookings and an unhealthy amount of time sleeping on trains.

Written on the train back to Ipswich after a lovely friend-time weekend

No comments: