Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hailstorm

And there I was lying next to you wishing i didnt have to leave
Knowing that I have to go because i was stubborn and didn't want to appear weak, needy.

First there was lightning and the loud crack of thunder.
The sky opened and poured down rain.
And then the hail fell.

I had to look, watch the hail pelt the window. The cracks appearing on your window, feel the cold.
Within and without.
And in that moment I felt an overwhelming fear of everything.
You held me and it didnt make it much better.
I did feel less alone.

We had our most serious conversation yet.
Your lack of belief and my yearning to believe.
The cab came, the goodbye kiss.

The street was wet and there were bits of hail on the ground.

I thought about you half the time I was away.
And now Im here and you're away.

No comments: