Sunday, August 30, 2015

TROUBLE

Im currently on crutches.

I stepped into a roller coaster while trying to avoid a bottle on the floor- on landing a burning, searing, sudden and shocking pain triggered in my right knee. I sat down and it relieved the pain; but I knew I was done. I was forced to ride the roller coaster because the barriers came down. It was the worse ride ever. I couldn't weight bear on the right foot after that- a week later and Im still on crutches.

He was there and essentially looked after me this last week. I had to be helped into the shower that first day. Our holiday effectively cancelled as I was in a lot of pain and unable to walk more that a couple of minutes with crutches.

Im now down to one crutch and able to drive.

I need another MRI and surgery- it's a month off work after a knee op.

It's bad timing.

Im a person of no fixed abode. I'm living at my boyfriend's- the spare room is floor to ceiling with my stuff.

Im starting a new, more senior job next week.

I am in the midst of applying for my permanent residence.

I cannot afford a mobility limiting knee injury, but here it is. I still don't have a flat in the new city I'm moving in and will be living in a hotel when i start work next week.


It's been a wonderful 2 weeks. We've spent a lot of time together- combined with the stress of my visa applications, my knee injury and how much I'm dependant on him I'm surprised I haven't been kicked out yet. He's been driving me around, helping me get around with crutches and essentially supporting me all the way.

We've done pretty well to get out and about, had a small dinner party and been eating and chilling (i.e rest to let the knee heal).

It's been wonderful until he brought up Facebook again. I made another jibe about the fact that he was still engaged on Facebook last night and today he changed his relationship status and took off the engagement announcement.

I indulged in another pity party- I looked at photos of his ex that he's forgotten to take off. The man has no idea how to set his privacy settings.
It's no contest. Im not anywhere near that attractive. Apparently she's quite clever too.

And later we went shopping surrounded by beautiful eastern european model types. Yeah, it's soul destroying to realise diesel and true religion don't make jeans in my size.

So im a pond of miserableness at the moment and jones-ing for a fight. It might not be pretty when he wakes up from his nap.

No comments: