Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My first proper rock concert in Britain

Jared Leto- you rock my world!!!! You looked into my eyes as you said see you soon. You have lovely clear blue eyes. And you are a rock god.

That was a fucking awesome concert.

30 seconds to mars- that was an amazing show. That was an amazing set, albeit short (45mins-an hour, max) and severely delayed (3 hours). The energy from the band was an electric storm- enough noise to deafen and enough screaming to shake the place.

Mosh-pit was crazy- I was front, centre and had these 6'2 ang mohs crushing me from all angles: all screaming for Jared Leto and jumping like mad men. Then you have the crush- the crowd just suddenly leans in one direction and you gotta stagger to keep balance while looking up reverently at Jared Leto screaming his heart out. So close but in truth, so far. I fell at one point from a crush and lost both my shoes. Someone picked me up but i was shoeless and didnt want my feet to be reduced to pulp in my socks.

I walked up, in my socks to the balcony of the Astoria where i got to see the amazing spectacle of Jared Leto rocking it out on stage (rather than straining, pushing, shoving, elbowing and trying to get a close-up peek at his face between the arms and heads of the 6' 2 ang mohs).

In the back of my mind i was happy to sacrifice my shoes in the name of mosh-pitting at a 30 seconds to mars concert.

But, i had to get home and socking was not an option. After the gig had ended, i went against the crowd back to the main stage to looks for my shoes (didnt hope- i had to look for my mate too- i lost her in the surge forward of the crowd).

Amazingly, i found one shoe almost instantly. The other shoe, didnt want to be found. I asked the cleaners and workers: no one has seen a shoe. One guy even brought a shoe to me and asked if it was mine. Nope, it wasnt. A crowd had gathered at the exact spot i lost my shoe to queue and get signatures from the band members. And so i made my way (and treaded on a few toes), asking: anyone seen a shoe? Answers were no.

Meet up with mate and we wait for the crowd to clear so i could commence the hunt. As i was whinging, a girl saw my single shod feet and said: Your shoe is in the middle, in front. I hobbled and looked. It wasnt there. I was ready to give up- but i took a look past the barrier- and there it was, battered and peeling, but in one piece still. Angels sometimes come down as a blond girl in a brown top.

Me and my mate joined to the cue and managed to get jared's , drummer's and guitarist's signature on my ticket. That's when Jared spoke to me.

Had a huge Dixie meal and good, long, hot shower. Clean and now very sleepy.

No comments: