Thursday, December 27, 2007

Things falling down sinks

Things are falling into place. Thanks xx

My bank manager waived my bank fees so i can now buy new jeans and choccies for family guilt free (who knew chocolates could cost so much?) and i finally settled our bed in Edinbrugh.

A friend of a former crush found out about my long over-crush on the former crush last night. If that sentence confused you, it confuses me too, but you get the gist, ja?

The former crush: He's the one i write poetry for. The one i wrote the most poetry about, anyway. It wasn't cos he was so overpoweringly insprirational, it was just cos i was in a poetry phase at the time.

Made eggy, heavy pancakes at 3 am and had them with cinnamon butter last night with some friends and a friend of friends (the same friend of former crush) after watching Ratatouile and I am Legend- must say i am getting fat, almost reaching high school levels of fatness. Ring the alarm bells!!!

What this post was suppose to be was about how small things can fall down sinks- my heart clenches at the sound of my pendant hitting the sink as i watch in horror as the shiny metal winks at me, balancing at the edge of the black hole, the cling-cling of blue crystal as it tips over the edge falling into the dark abyss of the sink.

Retrieving it is a mission- opening up pipes is never pleasant, but having to look for shiny metal and blue crystal through murky water and strands of hair coated in gunk is plain disgusting. Still, i love that pendant, im not letting it go that easily.

Found it at last, somehow ended up in the pail, under all that gunk. Washed it and cleaned it, and i managed to get it on without tossing it into the sink this time.

Oh, and i wanna say that i feel old this christmas, and i miss all my loved ones a lot this year. I miss my loud, suffocating, overbearing family, the crazy friends who know me well enough to know what i mean and my cats. Even if they dont love me- i mean the cats. People show me a lot of love; and most of the time, i feel i really don't deserve it.

Listen- Elliot Smith's Miss Misery

To vanish into oblivion
Is easy to do
And I try to be but you know me
I come back when you want me to
Do you miss me miss misery
Like you say you do?

3 comments:

csA* said...

if it's real love, then accept it with grace because real love is not about deserving.

Aaron said...

you actually hentam the pipe? Not bad at all!

Liez said...

I like that, 'real love isnt about deserving'- it feels true.
Oh, there is a way to open up pipes if you drop stuff down the sink- i learnt it in KH when i was like 14. I learnt all my plumbing then!