Saturday, April 03, 2010

1/52

A week of electives.

It's similar yet there are many differences. I have never been around so many pregnant women all my life. It's a little bit scary, but also very rewarding when you get a perfect little cherub being born.

It's also very distressing and sad when they're not well. Or if they're dead.

Therefore, doctors and nurses are rightfully high strung. Still, they're friendly as can be expected and if left to do what i like, which is good.

Need to do some reading this week, in preparation for next week.

The elective must be affecting me big time because i had a nightmare about being single, pregnant and in labour. In my dream i was being driven to the hospital by my parents and it was through treacherous areas like jungle, cliffs and narrow bridges in a 4x4. The scary bit was actually the fact that i was a single parent AND having my parents going frantic driving me. I remembered in my dream being so upset with myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol ur dream is so over!! so much tb here i haven't dreamt of having tb but certainly thought i had tb when i started coughing. ahhh, malaysia. enjoy eliza!! amanda