Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Let's do the things we normally do


I thought this was going to happen.

I even told my bestie who shrugged it off as a girlie overthinking.

I met his family.


He suggested I meet his dog, and I understood this comes with meeting his mother with whom the dog lives with. I balked initially, but I realised it was important to him, so I told him- "come on, let's do it". It was his idea that when I did meet his family is shouldn't be formal... a sort of accidentally on purpose thing.

His mom still lives in the village he grew up in. His parents are separated, but they still see each other all time.

We drove there and on the way I picked up a little potted orchid (I'm Asian, I can't go to someone's house empty handed). I was dressed pretty casually, even for me but tried to compensate with a little too much makeup.

On arrival he realised his dad was there too. Luckily his mom was busy decorating, so she was pretty casual and chilled. The usual hellos and air kisses exchanged- they seemed nice enough. We sat and chatted... I had to borrow his mom's wellies to go walking the dog. I think the dog liked me, even though I can't throw a tennis ball that far and he doesn't listen to me when I tell him to 'sit'.

His mom made me a cup of tea and we all chilled together with a watching sport on TV.


He tells me this is what normal couples do on a Sunday. Visit family and chill.
I guess we're a normal couple.

No comments: