Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hello, im a third year medical student

I've started class- and i've hit the ground running. Most days we've got 9 oclock starts and classes that drag till late afternoon. Ramadan has started and that's a bit of a strain, especially when im biking up and down to classes. It takes 15 minutes, but i feel the strain on my poor chubby thighs.

I'm acquiring patient phobia and selective amnesia. Im AFRAID of going to hospital. I cant even take a decent blood pressure. Im going to be so FUCKED. I dont want to kill anyone. I dont remember even basic shit ive learnt. Its TERRIBLE.

And so, i have 3 and a half weeks to reacquaint myself with all the stuff i learnt before. I HATE my damn selective amnesia. I dont remember anything! And in the same period of time be decent enough at doing all the 'doctor' stuff- do blood pressures, take bloods, do examinations....decent enough to do them on real sick people. I REALLy hope i dont KILL anyone.

1 comment:

Only Kye said...

just start speaking to the patients in MALAY and smile and nod vigorously alot and make air-snipping motions... watch them become afraid of you! :) goodluck liez!

(ps: i think you'll be a great doctor.)