Sunday, October 28, 2007

I will try to be droll

I always though droll had a bad meaning, like someone that's a bore and always complaining (i.e yours truly) but i found out today it has totally opposite meaning.

droll /dr@Ul/
· adj. amusing in a strange or quaint way.
· n. archaic a jester; a buffoon.
– DERIVATIVES drollery n. drollness n. drolly /"dr@Ulli/ adv.
– ORIGIN C17: from Fr. drĂ´le, perh. from MDu. drolle ‘imp, goblin’.

The weekend has been wasted, but in a good way. I still have things unfinished, but im not too worried yet.

I watched Frida (the movie), slept tonnes, read up on greek mythology and malaria. Oh, and i called up my parents.

Must finish off pbl tonite and call up some friends just to chat.

Did i tell you all how im in love with my surgical registrar? He doesnt give two hoots about me, but im a smitten kitten anyways.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Frida's a pretty awesome movie. If you like the director's style, she also directed Across the Universe (review on blog) and the Lion King on Broadway.
I rather be droll than ditzy. :)