Thursday, January 31, 2008

Absence Without Official Leave (AWOL)

I've been AWOL, haven't i?

Well, i was supposed to catch up with life and work- but you know what they say about good intentions and things going tits up (that means things going badly, screwed up......picked up the phrase from my placement on a breast firm).

The thing is, things haven't gone tits up at all. I went to see Linkin Park (again!!!) on monday- i manage to score cheap tickets (with much work, calling and class-skipping) and dragged my flatmate along. It wasn't excellent, we got seating tickets but with straight on view of the stage. We didnt sit for long though- ended up standing and jumping in something like 1.5 feet of space- a slip and i'll fall headlong down the seats (the show was at the O2 arena- built stadium-like with very steep seating). The music was the best (would anyone expect anything less?) and Biffy Clyro (the opening act) impressed as well.

Finally joined the gym, but im been a bit slack with the training. I've gotta keep up- me and a flatmate have a little bet going on-ive gotta be fighting fit and looking hot for a day on the beach in September. There's the bumps (a rowing race) too, and health reasons.....but health reasons are never enough. For once there isnt a man behing this new motivation to exercise, perhaps that is why im not super-motivated. There isnt a man worth obsessing about though, so i guess i just gotta do without.

Been skipping a lot of class- i cant seem to get outta bed. I get up when the alarm goes off, but i have a habit of lingering in bed for no good reason. It's ok once and awhile, but im doing this daily. Work is abandoned for moping about, doing nothing. At least now its blogging, so that's ok....

The piercing is giving me trouble- im back to warm salt water soaks for that tiny spot under my lip. Im gonna get a ring fitted in soon, whenever i get around to a piercer's. I worry, because my labret is placed waaay too far below my lip that i need a ridiculously large (and uncomfy) ring or have to get one of those silly lip loop thingys. Or re-pierce. Maybe not. Jewellery is expensive too....tsk tsk

No comments: