Sunday, August 20, 2006


It feels so good to be squeeky clean. To hell with the splitting migrain ive got now-im just happy to be clean. I just came back from the Sheila On 7 gig- I love the band.....I was a most excellent gig...These guys are brilliant on stage. They're killer musicians and Duta is one hell-of a lead singer. Funny, charming and soo much better looking in real life.
I was so ready to not enjoy the concert after i found out that my concert buddy and friend Shazzers couldnt go because she had to go see family in some backwater plantation in Pahang. She got into a fight with her dad and all but basically she couldnt come. I asked D to come but he had to get a bloody chest infection (not that that would keep him down usually, but he was wheezing and cant even laugh because it closed off his airways) And then there was tan sri buzz -but in his own words "i takut indon kilang". He suggested that i bring lotsa Glade (a sprayable air freshener) along to the concert. Very funny buzz.........In the end i got by lil bro (little by age and not physical size) to the gig with me....Oh, and the prices for the tickets were slashed by half a day before the concert. I had to be one of the hard core fans that bought the tickets waaay early at the (almost) full price. They also had us waiting for an hour and 15 minutes- by that time i was almost gonna leave. Good thing i held on though. The show was worth it. Though i still think keeping people waiting is evil. But evil is sometimes good too....
Even though it started late they still had an opening band, a band called 'Bumi band' (yeah, go figure) An Indonesian band also-and they're pretty good.....The sang bout 4 songs- high energy, jumping songs....and the odd sentimental ballad. They're on my list of bands to watch tho-they've got a good sound and the lead singer is ok-looking. I guess their gonna make it big soon-they've got a song on the movie Remp-it's soundtrack and i like that song...
Sheila on 7 came on stage one by one: lead guitar (Eross), drummer, Duta and bassist (Adam). The went straight into rocking the crowd-they're sooo much more amazing in real life!!! You have to understand that i LOVE this band. I've been a staunch fan since 2001. I've just havent had the luck of seeing these guys play live. When i found out they were playing a gig down here in KL i found a concert buddy and bought tickets straightaway.........And dug up all my old cassettes ( ive lost most of my substantial collection-only one sheila on 7 cassette left!!) .
Anyway-these guys really play well. Duta was amazing as always- kept the crowd going through 1.5 hours. They alternated between the 'jumping' tunes and their more mellow, sad ballads. They went through a few of the singles from their new album, but mostly it was their classic tunes. If you watch the bootleg videos i made you can here me screaming along to most of them. me and my bro were about 6 rows at the back and near a bunch of moshing sweaty indonesians-but somehow i managed to get pushed and shoved to the 2nd row from the front. too bad there was some guy in front of me with a tight sweet 'fro. I had to bend my head sideways slighty to get a good view. And tip toe, cos the chick next to sweet 'fro man had big hair-for good sakes, it's hot already-tie up ur hair woman!!! Still, managed to get a good view of the stage......The photographs turned ot dodgy, but my videos turned out pretty good........
The gig itself was super amazing, but the crowd was properly dodgy. Tan Sri Buzz's fears were not unfounded. In the beginning me and lil bro were stuck near the moshing and very sweaty people in the centre. Not only were they shoving people everywhere-they stepped on my sweet and pritine white sneakers. My laces were decimated by the end. Oh, and did i mention sweaty and smelly? My sense of smell shut down after awhile-it couldnt stand the assault of gross smells....And all these sweaty dudes decided to take off their t-shirts and swish it around. Lucky thing im not that tall-by much taller lil bro got wet slapped by a gross t-shirt once or twice. I got loads of other people's sweat on me. That's just gross. I cant imagine how i survived. Seriously. I was hot and sweaty but when i got out of the concert i was soaked. It was like i got stuck in a monsoon downpour for an hour. Absolutely soaked, and worst, not all the sweat was mine...EWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And that is why im so happy to be clean. Sooo soooo happy. Not only i got to see a band that i love and adore sooo much, i even got a ride home with a friend. My dad was being all evil again and didnt wanna get us from the stadium. I met a uni friend who had some space in her car so we got a ride to uptown (a foodie area about 10 minutes from home). Had loads of food then the parents came to get us.
It was a great day except for Shazzers and the bloody migrain im having now....

No comments: