Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Im too old

I find that being depressed, suicidal and all dark and brooding is kinda cute and cool when i was 15, but now, at 23, this angst is lame.

Smoking and listening to german emo bands on a thursday night used to be cool. Now im just unhealthy and sad.

Your face is scarred with age,
You're twenty-three but, how can that be?


Half-an-hour later..........

The fire alarm went off! Sheer panic- is it my room? Flung open the windows, dumped my ashtray in the bin and tucked my smokes into my pocket. Legged it downstairs and stood shivering outside in the cold. Found out a bit later that the alarm set off was in the 3rd floor stairwell. Phew.........relief.

7 comments:

csA* said...

>>I find that being depressed, suicidal and all dark and brooding is kinda cute and cool when i was 15, but now, at 23, this angst is lame.

you're right. it so is :( people have less sympathy for 23 year olds. but really it's not about sympathy, it's about enough breathing space but not too much that we feel so alone.

sigh.

Unknown said...

I usually find laughing at myself when I get all emo helpful. :)
As if my morphing wardrobe wasn't bad enough... and I think some of my iPod stuff may count as emo amongst the 15-year olds too.
Yikes... what to do but laugh. Terbahak-bahak.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA terbahak bahak

haven't heard that funny word in a long time and it's particularly hilarious coming from you!

:)

Anonymous said...

my sayang beloved yg amat terhormat,
apa khabar kakanda di ruang mat sallet lately? insyallah kami akan bertemu di harrods krispy kreme counter soon.
des

Liez said...

terbahak-bahak......now i havent heard that in ages...it's such an un-emo word....
Des- are you coming down to london? I've sworn off the delicious krispy kreme, but for your sake, maybe i'll indulge!

Anonymous said...

yes i will be in good old britain from 14 till the 18th of june so if that is possible iwll spend a night with you maybe june 17th cause i am flying off 18th morning.

Liez said...

WHAT!!!!!
YEAY!!!!!!
Des- email me: nor_eliza@hotmail.com
I cant wait to see you! And yes, you can stay with me in my grotty east end flat.