Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cape lust

I have been lusting for a cape for ages. Initially i wanted a velvet full length one, all goth and sweeping.

The truth is short and stubby yours truly will only manage to look like Samwise Gamgee in a long velvet cape, complete with hobbit feet. Yes, my feet are that ugly.

In a moment of crazed ebay bidding i just bought a grey woollen austrian vintage cape. If that didnt sound bad enough, it's 57 quid and has a green trim.

It's crazed, but it looked pretty, and i've been telling myself i need a style revival- buying pieces that i love, but also a little classic in style. I hope it's long enough, i hope the wool isnt scratchy.

Sometimes i really ask myself why.

I'll post a piccie when i get it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's hilarious! I wanna see a pic! Hey... I've done worse. Ordered a set of Jurassic Park drinking glasses a while back. Sad story is... two of the three are long shattered... so I have one left. :(
But how's that for a ridiculous buy?