Thursday, February 19, 2009

Too much of a good thing

Introspection and quiet music is good, but when i start wallowing i find it difficult to climb out of a funk. The more there is to do, the more time i waste. Like writing useless blog entries because i refuse to call friends to rant. I think it's unfair to put them through all the boring existential crisis depressive shit.

Funny story:

Last thursday i had cycled down, bright and early for my lectures. Arriving all flustered and sweaty i went into one of the 2 lecture theaters in the basement of the hospital. The lecturer was well into the lecture, i kinda slipped in and sat at the nearest available seat. About 2 minutes in i realized something was wrong. The topic of the lecture wasn't right and looking around, there were no familiar faces. Then it dawned- fuck, wrong lecture! I needed to slip out, but i hate bringing attention to myself. I squirmed in my seat and thought it out for 15 minutes before i left. I tried to do it quietly, but that never works. Everyone turns when the door creaks, it's like some collective instinct.

I thought, it's ok, nevermind, bygones~ it could've happened to anyone. Put it past me.

Hah, so i thought.

Today i bumped into one of the Kendo guys at the library. After the usual hellos, he goes, "hey, you went to one of my lectures on thursday, didnt you? And it took you like 15 minutes to realize it was the wrong lecture...."

There had to be someone i know in that lecture. There just had to be that one person who knows me.

Oh well, it could've been worse.

What would life be without funny stories and kawaii senpais who resemble Ruruoni Kenshin. Im awkward around that one- can't seem to figure out why.*Too much of a good thing refers to 'On the bus mall' by the Decemberist that has been playing non-stop on the maky-baby. I'm now moving on to Kanye West's 'Workout video' song. Someone give me something good to listen to.

No comments: