Monday, February 09, 2009

I dont wanna jinx it and because im superstitious im not going to title this post, "Some things you just cannot lose".

This is because there are things im hoping to lose (fat, my awkwardness) and some things i dont ever want to disappear (good friends, my boobs).

But then i remember that nothing is certain, in exception of death and taxes. Actually, i'll add a few more: they'll always be people better and worse off than you, you'll always need more shoes and it will get better, eventually.

The story that was going to go with the proposed title is about the collection of charms on my shinai bag. I was running for the bus when my charms fell off my bag. There's a lucky prosperity pig, a jade tortoise and a keris key chain ( i had a little poufy pooh bear, but that one disappeared at the last lesson). I realized it had fallen, i looked around me for a minute; but the bus was there and i was running late and it was raining, so i left it and jumped on the bus.

2 hours later on my way home from kendo i thought i'd go look for it anyway. Lo and behold, against all odds, it was there, lying on the pavement! Im gonna attach them firmly on this time, so they wont go falling off again.

On that note, im gonna do some neurology and get some sleep. It's an early start tomorrow.

Oh, and i feel i must tell you my packed lunch for tomorrow: pasta with spinach, ricotta and sun dried tomatoes.

And i also must tell you i have an affliction: an keen interest in cute, vertically-challenged younger men. May i get over this terrible condition.

Enough, enough....to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lunch sounds yummy......

Liez said...

It was pretty good, i kinda overkilled with the hot chilli powder though!