Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fear

I've had a few run ins with crime lately, but i witnessed today takes cake.

It's midnight on a saturday and im waiting at the bus stop. It's pretty cold and im singing to myself. The roads are empty, with the odd person walking by once and awhile.

On the opposite side of the road a man falls off his bike. A misjudgement of the kerb, not that anybody hit him. The roads are empty. I stand up to look- he doesn't look terribly hurt. I think about running to help, but i see 2 guys running over to him.

Instead of helping him up one of them tugs the bicycle from under this guy and ride away with it. The other runs after his friend. They're laughing.

The poor man gets up to run after them. Im in shock. I wonder if i should shout, say something. Yell help.....but i didnt. I stared, in shocked just stared. The boys cycle/run into the park and the man runs in after them. Im still shocked silent. No one passes by that i can ask to help. Im alone, with no phone.

2 minutes later, the other boy is riding on the bike out of the park. He throws off the man's shopping that is hanging on the handlebars. His friend runs off in the opposite direction. I'm too scared to shout anything. I worry about myself. No one passes, still. I stand there; alert, scared.

5 minutes later a bus ambles along. 10 minutes later im home safe. I pray that the guy is alright. I wish i had the guts to do something, anything.

This city is starting to scare me.
People are starting to scare me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad u got home safe. poor guy though!

i am tired of the city alreadyyyy

xx amanda

Me said...

awww.. kesiannyer..
thnk god, ure alrite..

ashieBee said...

poor guy :((
but nasib baik u tak kena kacau!

Samantha Tan said...

the youth in this country are fucked up.

Glad you're ok- there's nothing much you could have done, hopefully the guy got a good look at them and went to the police.