Tuesday, November 03, 2009

It's odd, i think, that Frank Turner has not made it big. Like, absolutely huge.

I think he's amazing. He's an essential part of my British Experience - his songs reflects the oddities of the English going-out scene, lots of social commentary, a bit of existential crisis thrown in with a cute english accent. Also, the lyrics hit an emotional soft spot for me. The music makes me feel, a good thing when i'm growing numb and boring.

Went to his show in Shepherds Bush last week and it rocked! He's an amazing singer and as Ka-chan commented, adorably cute as well. We have a weakness for musicians and boys with curly hair. His rendition of an old english folk song about a cruel jealous girl called barbara allen wanted to make me cry and it was sheer joy to sing along to 'the ballad of me and my friends'.





It was a great gig- one of the best i've been to in awhile. The videos are from the gig i went to. Sweet.
Just got my copy of Love Ire & Song today.....so im kinda obsessed for the mo'.

No comments: