Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The way to 1000 haya suburi

I think not. But it's funny, in a way perhaps only kendoka can appreciate.



Seriously, listen to it. Too funny. But that's what i do on a monday evening and saturday afternoons. It sounds more like a whip in the clip, real shinais make a sound between a "pop" and a "twack" when it hits right.

Since my sensei made me well up in tears during practice i've not gone back. That's 3 practises already.

What happened: My foot hurt and i wanted a break.....was told a stern "no!" and had to continue. The whole team had to do 100 haya suburi because i was slacking- i kinda died at 30 and was told off (indirectly). I went home with a sore foot and sprained, tense shoulders that were knotted and stiff for 3 days.

I fear this may mark the end of my kendo. I love it, but im not sure if i can do this anymore. Im not sure i have the discipline and strength of character to continue kendo. Im also real awful for someone who has been practicing for a whole year and 2 months.

1 comment:

gosatang@yahoo.ca said...

Don't give up!!! I'm working through a similar issue. My sensei makes me do kakari geiko until I puke in my men, whenever I face him in free practise. I have used this as an excuse to skip practises, and even when I go, I do not face him in free practise. It's been 6 mos. I'm still trying to get up the heart. Fight fear and be free!