Thursday, May 15, 2008

My anklet broke

One of the two string anklets i wear broke. I take everything as a sign, but im not sure how to interpret this one. I could just be the fact it's string that i've had it tied to my right foot for close to a year so it was high time for it to break.

It's so hard when things have layers and layers of meaning on them and im not sure which one is the 'real' meaning. If there is such a thing as the truth. My head is a terrible place to be in- the questioning, the contemplation, the lack of focus- forever scheming and planning. My body fails my mind- and my poor brain just runs around crazy trying to figure things out.

Im taking it as a sign that im cutting off of old, destructive ties. That im taking baby steps to moving on. What to, im not sure. But letting go of the past is good, as long as i dont forget the lessons. In the context of weight loss, of course.

I'm scared of the race that's coming up in 2 weeks. My fitness is the lowest it's ever been for a race. I almost want to get sick and drop out. I'm really, really scared.

No comments: