Friday, May 02, 2008

Boys with long dreadlocks


I love boys with long dreadlocks. A shining example would be the lead singer of Shadows Fall, Brian Fair. His dreadlocks fall past his bum and when he headbangs it is something to see. They're a pretty decent heavy metal band, the first time i heard them was at the Download Festival. I was totally in awe of the hair.





And of course, the classic dreadlocked man, Bob Marley. His son Damian Marley has impressive dreadlocks too.


Bob




Damian


Blond dreadlocks are also fetching. A cute example is the lead guitarist of Tokio Hotel, Tom Kaulitz. He's very pretty for a boy, and he's got an identical twin named Bill who has emo hair (that can be very big at times). This is all true, even down to the names. The music's not half bad either........Ok,ok, i confess, i love the emo-ness of it all. Even if it is in German.

Bill and Tom

Well, the reason im suddenly all crazy about dreads today is because there is the cutest guy working in the hospital with the sweetest dreads. First spotted while fixing the roof about 3 weeks ago, then saw him on the bus back two days ago...Today he was behind me in the cafeteria line. He's cute.

Dreadhead HQ


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've decided that dreads are something I fear. I admit, my aversion started when I saw this homeless guy on the bus, and they looked like squished snakes on his head.
Also, once sat next to a woman with dreadlocks, and the smell coming from her hair made me want to toss my cookies, brownies, apple pie and whatnots.
I've now come to associate dreadlocks with poor hygiene and given the popularity of the hairstyle with the tramps aplenty in Austin, I'm yet to be convinced otherwise.
Your comment about headbanging made me wonder how much sweat gets soaked up in there... and then how often he washes his hair. Coz I'm still of the religious daily wash kind. :)

desiree said...

wow. i am so sick of the ridiculous stereotyping that is associated with dreadlocks. they are clean. people that wear them wash their hair. just like with ANY group of people or things, there are exceptions. just because you are too lazy and ignorant to find out these things doesn't give you the right to fucking generalize like that. grow up.

Anonymous said...

boys with dreadlocks are really sexy. my boyfriend has dreads, altho his are only shoulder length. im going to grow my hair out and then get dreadlocks too. oh, and by the way, in order to achieve tight and healthy dreadlocks, you should wash your hair at least once a week, preferably every other day. dreadlocks are just like any other hairstyle; they are usually clean but are sometimes worn by people who dont wash them. this doesnt mean that are dreadlocks are dirty. most arent! i have seen a great many people with undreaded hair that are dirty and gross, but just because that doesnt mean that every person who has undreaded hair is dirty. my boyfriend's dreadlocks actually smell very yummy. so my message to you is dont fear dreadlocks, fear dirty unkempt stinky people.