Friday, October 31, 2008

Do not duplicate

Usually, i dont berate myself too much for being a little self sacrificing when im trying to be nice and helpful.
Usually, im a pretty good judge of character.

Most of the time, i accept little inconveniences as part and parcel of being nice (and let karma handle the check and balances).
Most of the time i'm patient.

Usually, i dont make bad decisions.

Well, i've made a huge mistake this time. It involves a little phrase etched on my key- do not duplicate. It's going to be the bane of my existence for the next two months.

I have procured myself a roomate and we only have a key between us. We have different schedules and busy lives that centre in the opposite poles of London. Im a self sacrificing meek doormat studying in the East and he's a self-obsessed, self-serving fuss pot who wants to live the high-life that works in the West. It doesnt make for a very happy cohabitation......

I dont like having to be demanding, but it looks like i have to be. Good thing is that i will be away on outfirm for a month, so that means only worrying over weekends, Mondays and odd Wednesdays for the next four weeks. After that i'll be busy with crazy people so my home craziness shouldn't bother me so...(ans he's leaving mid december....).

I wonder how i could have begun to imagine this was a good idea. He just moved in at noon today- had the cheek to plan moving in without even asking me when i'm available. Worse, had the nerve to suggest i prepare the room and his mattress as he goes out for Halloween fun with his friends. And the worst, for today anyway, is that i have to waste more than an hour of my time waiting to get my keys so i can get into my house. The reason im waiting- he's window shopping in knightsbridge and is only heading down to tower hill at 5. Even asked me to go down to tower hill to pick up my keys....What the fuck? Seriously? My time is worth less than yours? What the fuck?

I feel slightly used. He's chipping in for rent, but it's like a third of what he'll pay anywhere else. Im regretting my decision to invite him to stay. Im a bit sad that im starting to resent this arrangement because we were such good friends. I doubt we can stay good friends if this keeps up.

I'll probably spend more time in the library and at the gym but it's really bad to have so much anger- it's slowly tainting my aura and making me feel miserable.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

this is a new friend ke?
If this is not, as is the person I thought of... I thought he already had a house somewhere? Dia kena scam lagi ke?