Monday, October 06, 2008

Why I'm not ready to have a boy

My phone bill is forty quid this month. Im appalled- it's never ever been this high.
I blame in on one person, my new boy. We'll talk on the phone for awhile (never too long, i get hot-ear syndrome) but i guess because it's everyday....

I've zero-ed out my minutes and left with 6 free text.
And a forty quid bill. I guess this month's savings will be a little less.

And my new boy is not really my boy. He's a really good friend im taking care of at the moment. He's a handful and a headache- the fusion of a petulant child and a shopaholic queen. Something like this, just with more attitude and less lassitude (and sans dove- he'd strangle it first cos it'd get feathers on his nice woollen sweater that costs more than the aforementioned phone bill).(truth be told, he looks nothing like this but this is the closest to vanity + petulant +pretty + skinny boy i could find)

But still, we have a good time out, although im usually left bewildered and just a little sad that he can never be just happy.

Happy to splash about in puddles, happy just to be out with me, happy just to be alive.

I'm very mum-like when it comes to him. Someone has to drum some sense into the boy- though like most mums i just want him to be happy.

I've gotta cut down on the crazy phone calls next month. No more mollycoddling.

No comments: