Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My bicycle was stolen

I left her outside for about 1.5 hours. And when i went down to get her later, she was gone. I parked her outside my building, tied to a parking pole. It was noon, and i was excited because my new clothes had just arrived.I locked her, im pretty sure, unless the lock didnt click in properly.

It hurts. I was so confident i was gonna have her forever. Im so dependent on her it's scary- i ride her everywhere now, especially since i live so far away. And i know i lost her due to my own carelessness.

Im spooked too- im not gonna be able to park any bike without worrying about it being stolen. I have been a victim of crime.

I have to get those MARA claims through, i need the money for the bike and kendo armour (mom, i promise this is not a phase....i'll try and make it last longer than rowing.)

The Apology Song by the Decemberists
-about losing a bike. Almost the same situation as i lost mine.



I've bummed a bike off a friend for awhile, but i'll miss you Chloe.

No comments: