Monday, February 26, 2007

Happy 22nd Birthday Liez!!

Im twenty-two today. At about 5.05 pm actually. Had two cakes, friends singing, a candle and learnt mahjong. All in a day.

My package from Amazon arrived- i'm listening to the great sound of Frank Turner....this guy is great. I can connect with his music and his lyrics at an emotional level- a kinda deep insightful wisdom into the everyday things that happen in life. He sounds folksy too.....Love it...
I got my Spanish book and CD. Now i learn on my own time! Hopefully...........

At midnight E had come to my room to ask me down for a game of mahjong. I said cool, gimme a minute. I picked up the dirty dishes from my room to drop off at the kitchen and a sleeping bag to return to E's flatmate. I was surprised in my kitchen by friends with a song and cheesecake!! It was quite a surprise. I honestly didn't expect it, i'm not the kind of person people do this for. After cake, a bunch of us sat down to learn mahjong. I've grasped the basics, so i guess its all down to practise now. Slept at about 3 and.....

Woke late today, and messed around with
radio.blog.club. Its cool; you get to find music to put in a playlist to stream. For someone who cant download music, this is a blessing. And i can look for that old song i miss or listen to something someone recommended. Its wicked.

I dragged myself to a lecture-its about babies. About baby problems. That's all its gonna be this month, babies and more baby issues. Today was a baby day on TV. Everyone was getting preggers and giving birth. What a mess.

I managed to blag it through PBL- i must say, im quite impressed by my blagging skills. It's improving at a decent rate. Though i suspect my tutor thinks im an airheaded twat.

I picked up my package from the post office and went home to listen to frank turner. I was charmed and so brought the cd to 16 Moody Street. The girls had baked me a cake and made me a card- i even had a candle!!

I just ate more cake and watched tv for 4 hours- most of it about babies and children. There's no escaping babies. They're everywhere!!!!!

I walked home at about 10.....I had straightened my hair there and gave myself an 'emo' fringe. I thought i looked cool, and the boys who turned around to check me out as i got on the back door of the bus must have thought so too. I love my hair when its being nice. Even have carrot cake for my midnight snack.

So, before the day is done, here's my birthday speech:

The highest praises to Allah Almighty for letting me get this far. Thank you for all the blessings and all the love. I appreciate all that i've been given. I ask for forgiveness and blessings for my family, friends and myself. I wanna say thanks to mom and dad- i love you guys so much and miss you SOOO much. I just dont wanna show it cos you're gonna think im an absolute wuss. To my family- i miss the whole bunch of you loads. My sweet and tough grannies, my all grown-up lil bro, my lovely uncles and aunts, my naughty cousins, and the rest of you lot.....And to my friends far away and near- you guys alway manage to surprise me. I may be bitchy, never call or write but know that my friends are forever. I love you guys too.....Im glad to still be here and to have all of you with me.

1 comment:

Only Kye said...

Happy belated birthday ELiza! Long live the Queen!

ooh. you should watch Elizabeth by the way.