Friday, May 18, 2007

Bared Legs

The sun came out today....I've turned all british and have become a mini-skirt wearing sun worshipper who'll spend every concievable moment of a sunny day outside.

I wore my denim mini and a floaty grey smock to class today. The mini is about two inches above the knee at full, tug-to-death length, while my smock came down mid-thigh. The skirt manages to ride up the moment i take three steps, and so at times all you see was the smock, and no skirt. I kept tugging the whole day and figured out stuffing my hands in the pocket of the mini keeps it pretty much in place. I have "strong" legs- ie they're huge, but I decided against leggings and dared to bare (just legs) in the spirit of sunny-ness!!

My fascination with short shorts/skirts started in school where all the pretty cheerleader girls will wear the shortest shorts with the big baggy school T-shirts- thus hiding bottoms and giving the impression that they were not wearing anything. The look was banned after awhile- looking like slags is frowned in malaysia.
I managed to look like a total slag today: my labcoat was longer than my skirt. Wear really short skirt, so short that the labcoat's longer: check (its an item on my list of fashion crimes to be committed...)

I didnt get rude stares, which is good; and i think that personal trainer i've been eyeing at the gym gave a slighty surprised look as i came up the stairs. Guess its a surprise to many- the hoodie & jeans ensemble is my uniform. I've been eyeing this guy since last year- he's cute and so obviously a ladies man. Cute is still cute, ladies man or not.

Still, waiting for the bus at half 8 at night on mile end road in a very short skirt is just not a good idea. I just felt ho-ey. Guess im a really nice, modest girl deep down inside.

1 comment:

priya said...

We're all really modest girls on the inside - it just depends how deeply smothered inside it is :P