Thursday, May 10, 2007

Long live whinging and whining

It’s been a week since the gig. It’s been a week wasted. Things have passed in a haze, and I’ve got no recollection what has happened.

I'm two weeks behind revision. I’m not that smart to just brush this aside and not worry.

The bumps are in two weeks. Fat, flab and my bad back. Its gonna take a miracle (maybe even bigger than getting LP tix for the Astoria) to get me in fighting form for the 25th.

I have no more money. I’m not anywhere closer to getting a summer job. And I have the conference, the AGM and my CDs to pay for. I’m rationing money so I can afford food and cigarettes for next week. Im going through my frozen hoard of food (thank you mi famili who insist on sending food) and getting rice off my flatmates who wanna finish the big sack before summer.

I’m gonna be in the summer show for my dance class. I’m a lumbering giant of a dancer. I swear, I’m so big I exert a gravitational pull. Too bad it doesn’t pull boys my way. I’m slow and not so limber- and things hurt when I’m done for the day. I don’t remember choreography either. I spin the wrong way and get my feet tangled up. And- they video the show every year…..

I just thought whining would put things into perspective. Na-ah, it doesn’t.

But it does suggest a plan of action.

LP’s Breaking The Habit is on loop in my radio-blog.

I need to get their back-catalogue of music on my com. I have it all on cassette but that wont do- I broke my radio-won Walkman ages ago. It lived a long and good life. It survived shampoo, a bath and numerous falls. Only retired when I went off to uni. Sony makes good walkmans.

I can’t wait for the new LP album. X-fm is doing a preview this Sunday on the rock show at 10 pm. Can’t wait for that too…

But first, I need to study. I’ve got my Human Sciences and Public Health exam tomorrow. Fun, huh?

No comments: