Friday, May 04, 2007

Miracles do happen

Surprise

I heard Linkin Park was releasing a new album- the new single is great! I surfed around a bit and found out that they were playing the London Astoria. Gasp- that's right around the corner

Sadness

Was when i realized i found put too late. All the tickets were sold out. I tried all the websites. Even checked out the tout sites. I cant afford paying 80 quid a ticket. It was getting crazy on ebay with tickets going up to 130 quid. I tried listening to the radio contests and even joined in an online contest.

Despair

I was resigned to the fact that i am not going for the gig. I whined and whinged to everyone that would listen. The astoria is an amazing venue- small enough to see everything and has excellent sound. I love Linkin Park. I've missed all their gigs so far- not by choice. Their music kept me alive through miserable years at boarding school. I would happily become a groupie and follow the band on tour- if they'd let me.
I had a rough wednesday night. i had flooded my room- the carpet was water-logged. Had to run off to Spanish class that didnt go too well. Came home to water-logged carpet. Had to sit there on the can pulling yards and yards of toilet paper to soak the water off the carpet. SOme of my clothes were on the floor, so they got manky and wet. What clothes i could rescue were on the bed and there was a whole load.
I couldnt take it- i went on the roof and smoked all the cigarettes i had left (3, to be exact). I sat there listening to sad music and staring at the full moon. La luna was beautiful. I sat there, in the freezing wind, not really thinking, just staring into space, wondering why.
I didnt know how long i was there, but i came back down feeling sick and dizzy. I threw up a little in the sink and just lay down on my floor to clear my head. Read a bit and let myself fall asleep.

Joy, Elation, Disbelief

i had slept well on the floor but when i woke up the first thing i did was put my clothes away so i could stretch out on the bed. I stayed in bed awhile and then decided its time for a good bath to clear all my head and get me going. As usual, i switched on the laptop and puttered about.I opened my inbox and behold, there's an email that said Linkin Park Winner! I screamed, and screamed and screamed some more. I opened the email and screamed my heart out. Kerrang magazine has put me in the guestlist for two tix!!! I was so happy- its like winning the lottery, but better!!!! Then, i thought twice and didnt know whether to believe or not. It was just an email. Still, i was planning to go down anyway and see if i could get my hands on some tickets. I got C to come with, even though she has an exam the next day. i was walking around with a smirk on my face. This was too good. I cant imagine i would be so lucky. I must've done something right.

As i made my way down to the Astoria, i still couldnt believe it. We had to wait in line and i was still in disbelief till we got inside and i saw the kit on stage and the back drop- the new Linkin park logo.

No opening band- just them. They came on about 8.45 and played a tight set for about an hour. And they fucking rocked!!!!!!! The played most of the singles off Hybrid Theory and Meteora and 3 songs off the new album. I sang along to all of it- except the new songs. This time i managed to keep my shoes on my feet. And i was front centre for most of it. The energy was nuclear. Linkin Park just played the crowd so well. There was two slow pieces- just Mike on keyboards and Chester singing. Magic. Screaming on top of my lungs-cough forgotten and just shoving people outta the way.

I wanted to cry. Out of happiness. I finally got to see them live- and i could see them, almost touching Mike and Chester. I rocked hard- jumped and screamed along!!

Im so happy. Thanks God.

No comments: