Thursday, June 26, 2008

Stalker songs

I never realized the sheer number of songs with stalker undertones.
Most of them don't sound creepy at all, until you read the lyrics, out loud, without the music.

For example, DCFC's I will possess you heart. I think it's a sweet song by a confident guy who got dismissed once by a girl he really liked. But it could also be a really creepy confident guy who will stop at nothing to 'possess' this girl's heart (take the line literally and there you go, horror flick!)

Coldplay's Shiver is another stalker song. Thanks S for bringing this to my attention. I just thought it was a song of unrequited love but no, it's an outright stalker song. "I will always waiting for you," can be taken as lover's token of fidelity or a real creepy stalker's line.

And of course, the ultimate stalker song would be Sting's Every breath you take. I dont even need to elaborate on that one.

There's too many to list, really, but these two are the ones seeming not on people's list. I'll add more if i find them. Stalking stalker songs. Way to go alliteration!

No comments: