Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Let's run away

Will you come with me?
Let's run away
To Brighton for a day

We'll eat fish and chips
And ride the bumper cars

Sit on the beach and drink tea
Watch the birds swoop by
Have ice-cream and buy fudge

I need to see the sea
And feel cold water lap at my feet
To remind me that i'm warm inside.

I want to smile
And not worry for awhile
Feel beautiful for a moment
Dancing by the sea

Take pictures of old biddies
Walk along the shopping streets
See my daddy's uni

But there's no one
to hold my hand
if i stumble on the stony beach

The lone wolf routine
Don't fit so well
However hard i try
to force a smile

I shouldn't ask for too much
But it gets to me sometimes

I'll sit and talk to Neptune
A one-sided conversation
The fat girl and the sea

1 comment:

ekhosama said...

Did u write that? I like it. Normally, I don't read non-rhyming poetry but that was good. I hope you get what u want one day