Monday, February 25, 2008

My heart

All is full of love, so says Bjork. I guess i can say that it's full of love. Capricious as well - liking, hating, loving and breaking easily for no good reason. It never learns from past mistakes. It keeps on doing the same thing- one moment giddy with excitement and the next i'll be lying there staring into space, listening to sad songs as it crumbles like good shortbread. Good thing it's a resilient little thing. It might not keep up with the rowing team or quite get to 140 bpm when im running flat out, but it'll put itself together even after being mashed by the most heartless of people. They never realize they're making it sad and crumbly because i dont let them. My shortbread heart is my secret, crumbling quietly in the dark, alone.

I'll bounce back, because i always do; and I'll make a new shortbread heart from the crumbs.

No comments: