Monday, March 03, 2008

But then, i had a great weekend......

"When there's nothing else to burn, you've got to set yourself on fire"
Opening line from the video for the Stars's song Your Ex-Lover is Dead.

I awoke late Saturday- had a satisfying breakfast and was looking forward to rowing, but it was sadly cancelled due to gale force winds (that made ridiculous waves at the docks). I say sadly, but there's always this twinge of happiness when rowing is cancelled. I hung around in bed and managed a little time at the gym. Had rice and Nando's at Clark Street (my second home and my other bed) before we left for a night out in Camden Town.

As usual i had forgotten my cigarettes, but we sat outside in the beer garden, nursing beers and conversation. It was nice to finally had a Camden night out- it was long planned! After a walk up and down Camden high st later we decided to enter the Electric Ballroom- music was surprisingly cheesy, but we had a great time dancing the night away! Painful feet and a couple of hours later i hobbled home in a daze (the heady combination of alcohol and pain). Crashed in bed, make-up and all.

Woke up at 10, by a text from my friend asking where i was. Shit! I was suppose to meet her at 10 for breakfast at Columbia Rd Flower Market. I jumped out outta bed, brushed my teeth, put on a fresh t-shirt and sped down to the station still in yesterday's jeans. My bike had a flat back tyre and non-functioning brakes- that was an adventure down Cambridge Heath Rd. Ended up not being too late- she had trouble ousting her flatmate from the shower, so she arrived a little late too.

I've not seen her in years, so we had a lot to catch up on. The market itself was pretty- lots of yummy food to be had, but a bit crowded. After she left to meet some other friends i went on to hunt down a bike shop to get my brakes (and that flat) fixed. It took me about an hour- my shoes (another pair) was giving my blisters on both feet. Stopped by for bagels and crashed in bed when i got home (in pain and from lack of sleep). Woke up to chew on bagels while still nestled underneath the covers.

Got a call- some friends had an extra ticket to a performance of A Midsummer's Dream. Threw on another clean T-shirt and a warm scarf (still wearing yesterday's jeans though) and headed out. It was an amazing show. It was a midsummer's dream set in an office block, where the first scene was performed in a cafe with the actors mingled among the audience. It was darker but just as funny as ever. A midsummer's night dream is the only Shakespear play i've read properly and to finally see it being performed was great. I loved it- the actors were all around us, brushing against my knee, staring at our faces. It was great acting, great use of the space and lighting. I loved it!! After the show the friends and i had Milo in my kitchen and had biscuit and stroop waffle fueled conversation till 2.30 in the morning.

All in all a great weekend- im exhausted. Those jeans need a break. I've been wearing them since friday. Love 'em.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You showered yet? If you were in M'sia, you would have been a social pariah... :)

Liez said...

i did take showers....What are called 'Italian showers'- where you spray deodorant and just change shirts...It's so that you dont scrub off all those yummy pheromones :P!