Saturday, March 01, 2008

Lightning strikes and bolts of thunder

He still makes my heart leap and my legs turn into jelly.
I get excited by the prospect of seeing him (even from afar).
I never have anything decent, interesting or witty to say
I just grin, wide-eyed in the presence of my personal Greek God (or Aryan Prince, which ever you fancy).
Corny i know, but forgive me, lightning doesn't strike often
And thuder bolts never pealed so hard
Even if im setting myself for misery
I let me
Because i love this feeling
Of hoping, wishing, wanting, dreaming
A reason to do my hair
Something to look forward to
Anticipating
If he'll look my way (no he didn't)
Will he talk to me (yes he did, but the conversation was bland)
I know it amounts to nothing
He could never love one such as me
But at least he knows i exist
I had a reason to try and look pretty
And now it's over and done.

The Imperial College Malaysian night didn't impress. Plagued by technical problems, hackneyed scriptwriting and lacklustre dancing it was slightly less than what i expected. He only had a minor part in the end- if it's possible he's got an even more Greek God-like physique now. No, im not obsessed. Yes, that's right, im not in love, and yup, i did get over him. Still am, it's just everytime i see him i realize how beautiful he is. BUT, i did realize something: he isn't as tall as i imagined him to be. See, i'm making progress. At least now i can see minor flaws.

Later update (hindsight's 20/20):
What would his reaction be if found out that i was utterly smitten with him? Would he freak out at the (even i would admit) scary level of adoration i show? Would he be flattered? Well, he should be. Flattered, not scared..........No one has anything to fear from me- im really a fluffy bunny in a (fat) scary suit. I keep on telling everyone this, but for some reason they all think im gonna jump (ref: urban dictionary, definition 5 and 6) them. Especially my damn housemate. He's cute, but not that cute.

No comments: