Monday, November 15, 2010

This is my escapism

My love for Interpol has grown slowly- an initial curiousity pushed by friends, a missed concert and lots of listens later i can say im a bit if a fan.

I listen to Interpol to cheer up- a friend said this is ironic seeing the content/lyrics of their songs. I've now got Narc on loop. I loved the sound of it, didn't realize it was about sex. Im not sure exactly what the story is; but the opening chords are magic. The ending lines- 'You should be in my space, you should be in my life, you could be in my space' sung in Paul Bank's perfect hopeful/desperate/pleading manner is just what i want say (but will never be able to. Im giving up on hoping)

But this post is about sharing. And how i dont care for it when it comes to the people i love. I use love loosely here- as clearly Romance has left me out of her list for another quater.

Im possesive, slightly obsessive and prone to crazy jealousy (i might not make it apparent, but i am). Im better now, but maybe it's because no one has been mine in a long-long time. I've taken to being a bleeding heart, thinking if i just keep loving, giving they'll love me back just as much, or more. It doesn't work and i just keep going because i want to be a matyr. And this is why i self-destruct and rebuild everytime just to start all over again.

No comments: