Tuesday, October 10, 2006

2.39 am 30th August 2006
Sweaty, hot, tired and trifle annoyed. Hands are shaking from too much cigarettes and tobacco products in one night. Or it could be from fear and exhaustion. Smudged eyeliner, low cut trousers and big red pants. A bicycle with a flat rear tyre and security guards.

This one’s called “Why are There Wild Dingoes in My Neighbourhood”

Scene: pushing bicycle at home, at the corner between the guard house and the ‘mansion’ at the corner. Hair dishevelled, trousers falling off and big red pants showing. T-shirt clings to ‘prosperity’ belly. Looks tired.

-music-
Why are there wild dingoes in my neighbourhood?
They wander the night in dangerous groups
Why are there wild dingoes in my neighbourhood?
I have to take the long way home………………

Fear of dogs, fear of the dark
Fear of RTA’s, just my luck
Wild dingoes in my neighbourhood!!!

Why to does this happen to me?
Always the one who works too hard
Of no importance no matter
Never turns out the way it looked in my head

At home in the end
Maybe with friends
Who are lost in leaving
The infinite circle of my neighbourhood

*Background*
- Why are there wild dingoes in my neighbour hood; Abang guard!!!
- Why are there wild dingoes in my neighbourhood; Damn dogs!!!

I knew in my mind
The map drawn was better fit
for finding buried treasure
Than getting on the highway
Direction given all in vain……………….

And so on my dear brother’s bike I climbed
I search of friends true and lost
Words spoken not adhered to
And this girl wandered searching

Is that people making out in car
Answer the phone, grip the keys
Balance well, shit!
only to ram into a van
Drop a slipper, cycle on

“What, where are you now
Fine, fine, I’ll get you there”
Turn around, face the uphill climb
I find them where it all began
Home………………………………


*Background*
- Why are there wild dingoes in my neighbour hood; I hear them!!!
- Why are there wild dingoes in my neighbourhood; You were so near!!!

Beckoned from afar
Frustrations-why couldn’t they listen?
Come along, follow me
And I shall set you free
From the infinite circle of my neighbourhood.

And I legs pumped as fast as I could go
Showing the way
Oh so slightly annoyed
But finally they got to the highway

My muscles hurt
Oh, did my head pound
My heart jumping outta my chest
Again I failed life’s fitness test

Still I waited and waited ‘round the corner
Is there a chance-they’d get lost again?
Wrong roundabout, a bad turn,
End up half way to the highlands.

*Background*
- Why are there wild dingoes in my neighbour hood; I think they’re OK!!!
- Why are there wild dingoes in my neighbourhood; I can hike home now, yay!!!

And I walked up and up the hill
Past the mamak and empty cars
Thinking nothing, seeing everything.
And then I heard the bark
Of awakening dingoes

I climbed up the bike
And pedal downhill as fast as I could
Leaving them behind
I have to take the long way home…………………

*Background*
- Long way home……….
- Take the long way home……….

As I went along
I think; ‘why my fate is so?’
Is it fags, friends or my disgusting laughter
God deals with me in cash
I usually end up trashed

I choose a path that was shorter
And so I thought
Halfway through a dingo appeared to scare me away.
And so back on the long route
I pedalled in low gear

Past the couple in the car
Still there
I gave up and got up
Leaned the bike on my hip
And hiked the way home……….

*Background* continuous*
- Why are there wild dingoes in my neighbour hood; the long way home……….
- Why are there wild dingoes in my neighbourhood; take the long way home……..

Why are there wild dingoes in my neighbour hood?
Why are they wandering in the night
This isn’t Australia
And yet they’re here

The long way has got me home
Past the dingoes, anger and exhaustion
And I am tired
But I will sing to calm these nerves

*Grand ending-operatic*
- Why are there wild dingoes in my neighbour hood; the long way home……….
- Why are there wild dingoes in my neighbourhood; take the long way home……..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this entry is sooo emo eliza!!

why was she cycling around? what is she looking for? if she's lost her way, most ppl do. take it from the expert.

i like reading this. do more!!

Anonymous said...

sorry bout the email...i read the first line n thought u were talking bout wat u did..... =P she doesnt have to cycle u know...she can fly home =D

Liez said...

hey guys-seriously though-the whole story is actually true. It's just written prettily. My friends actually got lost in my neighbourhood and i had to show them they way out on my brother's bike. On the way back i had to go the long way around cos there where loads of stray dogs (i call em dingoes) in my neighbourhood. While walking back i actually made up the chorus for the song. I made up the rest of the lines over coffee that night jugak....