Monday, October 09, 2006

It's been a good few days. I've been happy, the happiest since i've returned to uni. Getting back to uni was terribly stressful. The unpacking, new room, so much stuff to get....That's all done. My room's pretty cosy now, except for the messiness of it all. An eliza room, what do you expect?
I've been doing a lot of planning lately-and i think that's what's been making me very happy. I've plannned a solo trip 'round spain-this trip had sad beginnings. After realizing that everyone is going of on holiday without me (even so called travelling buddies) i decide i was gonna make it on my own. It took a whole weekend of planning-very stressful, with airlines not accepting cards and what not....But the flights have been booked for. And i am really gonna go-insyaallah.
That aside, ive found out about a thing called USMLE. It's basicly a 3 part exam thing that medical students take so that at the end of it they can practise in the states. It sounds really tough, but im intrigued. This may be the motivator i need to study. To work really hard and be smarter and better. After all, people's lives are gonna be in my hands. I better have some level of competenece. This may be the trick to get me working. But the first part looks tough. I may not even make it. It's a challenge. Am i up for it? I have two months to think. Just two. With Spain in december and my hopes of a job, it's gonna be a tight semester.
Now, the job. I've sorta banished the idea of a job, till last sunday. I met vas, who said some pubs had openings. Today on the way to the gym i decide to see if those openings were still available. I passed the video rental place and thought, ''hey let's see if there's an opening there......". I went in and, woah-they needed part time staff pretty desperately. Then i proceeded to check out the computer store next door-they need staff too, wo hoo....Im thinking the computer store job is gonna be better, so im gonna try for that.
Then it was off to the gym- im not as fit as i was but then i managed to get some work in there. Worked up a light sweat and then hiked it back to mile end only to shower, quickly change and off to holborn i go for a spot of swing dancing.
On the way to whitechaple station i was given a flattering compliment. Since i was feeling particularly happy i kinda didnt even mind the fact that this guy was checking out my ass. It retrospect its funny, but it's rare someone on the street notices my eyes (fake purple colour they are) and then proceeds to check out my behind.Ok, i admit, not exactly the nicest kind of compliment, but hey, beggars cant be choosers, no?
Swing was fun and made me feel like i had two left feet. My sweaty plams were also an embarrasing prob-i had to keep on letting my partner's hand go and wiping my hand on my trousers. The thing about swing though is that it's all about the man. Yep, in the case of swing if you get a good lead, he'll actually guide you in the most subtle of movements-there's no forcing or pushing.......The placement of his hands, the movement of his body, the way he gives the gentlest of nudges just puts you in the right position everytime. And of course the girl has some input as well, but i havent mastered it yet. It's a complex interplay, one im yet to appreciate after just one lesson. I like it a lot though, and im planning to go for more, just wait and see-there's gonna be a jiving, lindy-hop lizzy round here soon

No comments: