Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I only called my parents this morning, the second day of raya. See, the thing about raya is that it's the time for celebrating with family and asking for forgiveness-a 'cleaning off the slate' somewhat between family and friends. And the whole shezam is suppose to be on raya morning, except on raya morning my phone was a bitch and didnt charge fully. Thus could not use phone the whole day-had something along the lines of 15 missed calls. I had a huge row with the calling card man- the card he sold me didnt work on my phone. I marched back and was really bitchy for about 15 minutes when i realized it wasnt his fault. It was actually the phone. The phone wasnt a touch tone, and thus i realized embarassingly as i was standing in front of his stall demanding he get me a card that works. So i said sorry and just floated away to whitechaple tubestation where i called my parents from the pay phone and asked for forgiveness. Some desperation, huh?

I woke up this morning feeling crappy-my calves hurt, my head sore and my stomach bloated. It was a very random raya, but also very fun and happy; except for the fact that i didnt speak to the love of my life because i thought i looked like a fat 'ho in white. Flatemate A thought i looked fat in the outfit as well, so i guess i did the right thing. That aside, all went smashingly. Ate too much, met loads of old friends and even made new ones!!! Most interesting day. I actually liked raya this year-even if my shoes were killing me and Mawar was closed.

here's something to laugh about- while hobbling along edgeware rd in the rain to get home we (mellie and I) had some random malay guys in a black suv like drive slowly past to say selamat hari raya, ask us where we were going and then offered us a lift. It was so random, and these guys were in baju melayu and songkok with 'utara' accents....i wasnt sure if they were being sleazy or being nice. Didnt expect something like this to ever occur in london. Really funny. Oh, and i met this guy, from malaysia, who is a death metal fan. New concert buddy!!!

See what i mean-it was a good raya.
I shall not dwell on negativity. Life is good-embrace it.

No comments: