Friday, March 23, 2007

Back again

You know what- the week i promised not to blog there's lots of revelations and interesting things happening.

-I got a book this week- its a compilation of short stories and one of my mate's has written a story in there. It's his second published short story but it doesnt make it less amazing!

- An friend i hold in high regard has found this blog. See, the thing is, i project a good image for the rest of the world. This is where i let it all out. Well, most of it anyway. So yeah, if any of this is surprising, well, you're seeing the other side of me babes. It's not pretty, but its all me........

-I have a surprising ability to not care. Like i didnt care about this exam. I didnt study-wuddy. I didnt care. I couldnt care less. I wasnt worried, which is frightening. Because a key motivating factor for me to work is my fear of failure.

-I smell love in the air. And also cold. Spring has come, but not without a touch a frost. I hope hearts will melt and flowers will bloom. I was never good at gardening, but i'll try.

-Have been distracted by music these past few days. There's so much good music: the old, the new, the newly found. Listen to:

* The Roots feat Musiq: Break You Off (a song that makes me wanna get down )
*Fratellis: Henrietta (such a cute song, makes me wanna hop and twirl)
*Dido: Im No Angel & Dont Think of Me (reminds me of being young and stupid)
*Damien Rice: Accidental Babies (hehehe, the only song remotely related to my Human Development module)
*Bjork: I Have Seen It All (movie version, from dancer in the dark- haunting......makes me thank God for my senses and all the blessings, all the things i see and feel...........)
*The Cure: Boys Dont Cry & This is a Lie (now i get why they're so popular....)
*The Cardigans: I Need Some Fine Wine And You Need To Be Nicer (a cute song with dark undertones, and heck, i do need some fine wine and some people i know need to be nicer)
*Placebo: Meds, Drag, Pure Morning, Every You and Every Me and This Picture (im in enamoured with Brian Molko....)
*Frente: Bizzare Love Triangle (sweet song, and everytime i hear this song i think of my friend's flat in brunei. That was the first time i heard it)
*Death Cab FC: Sound of Settling & Tiny Vessels (these guys sing about life as it is- they make magic of the mundane)
*The Postal Service: Brand New Colony & Such Great Heights (they make me wanna fall in love so i can feel like that)

-I did 3 km in 13.15 on the ergs. A serious leg cramp followed and muscle ache that left me unable to lift left leg. But i was so happy i still can push myself like that. I did better on the water as well. This being fit thing is great! Gotta work at it though, im fat like shit now. No fat people on the team, guess why?

-Dance was good: im still a hippo in the studio, but a better coordinated one.

-Im still struggling with spanish. Will work on it though. Profesor (with eyes like the sea) seems to see hope. I love it when people see hope in me, when i dont. It makes me imagine they gotta see something, but really, i wear my shiny veneer thick.

-Watched 300!!!! Appeals to my man-man side. Yes, i do have one. I always wanted to be a boy- strong and unrelenting. Such a macho male movie (MMM). But damn, all those toned, muscular Spartan bodies- i'm watching for sheer eye candy (appeals to horny girl side too). And the jewellery. Xerxes has some mean decor on 'im. And the cheek piercing is waaay cool. Its just Xerxes is a bit too camp for me to take seriously. I guess they wanted to contrast him against Leonidas's sheer 'i have a eight-pack and i will never surrender or retreat' manliness. I love the ostentatious, over the top super styled finished look of the movie. It is a comic book made into a movie-frame per frame.

-There's something about powerfully muscular, rough looking men in very little clothing- can i get me one? Please? I promise to work hard in school if i get one.....please? Pretty please...... with whip cream and a cherry on top? Please...............

No comments: