Monday, March 19, 2007

Last post this week

i promise!!!

i must go study-wuddy, i have an exam friday. I shall dedicate life to Human developement part 2 this week, well, till friday 4 oclock.

before i leave to dedicate my life for the next +/-4 and 1/2 days to the safety of mums and babies everywhere here's it is:

The postal service's brand new colony.

I'll be the grapes fermented
Bottled and served with the table set
In my finest suit, like a perfect gentleman

I'll be the fire escape
That's bolted to the ancient brick
Where you will sit and contemplate your day

I'll be the waterwings
That save you if you start drowning
In an open tab when your judgement's on the brink

I'll be the phonograph
That plays your favorite albums back
As you're lying there, drifting off to sleep . . .

I'll be the platform shoes
And undo what heredity's done to you
You won't have to strain to look into my eyes

I'll be your winter coat
Buttoned and zipped straight to the throat
With the collar up so you won't catch cold


I want to take you far
From the cynics in this town
And kiss you on the mouth
We'll cut our bodies free
From the tethers of this scene
Start a brand new colony
Where everything will change
We'll give ourselves new names
(Identities erased)
The sun will heat the ground
Under our bare feet
In this brand new colony

Everything will change, ooo ooo . . .

I'd love it if someone would host an open tab for me at a bar somewhere...hehehe...hic!
I hope you feel like this.

Its hailing- just when i finished writing this and daddy texted-Faiz just passed his driving test. yay!!!! happy-ness!!!


4 comments:

the curious cat said...

i never paid attention to 'brand new colony' before...never realized that the lyrics are so pretty. and sweet!

yaay faiz!

Liez said...

yeah, the song is so chomel-ngomel.....and sweet....i like the slightly techno sound of it...but someone mentioned thet the sound at the beginning of the song sounds like a revolver/gun being cocked. Quite creepy. I imagine a guy sitting there planning to kill himself because of some girl (and the general disapproval of the community about their relationship) writing this song to say how even in death his spirit will stay with her (and be her wine, platform shoes etc)....And brand new colony could be referring to the afterlife.
yeah, im in a slightly morbid-worbid mood.

Liez said...

oh, and if you want a really sad song, listen to death cab fc's tiny vessels. So tragic!!

Anonymous said...

And a song that haunts me, everytime i hear it (even if it is on loop): i've seen it all, bjork. Listen to the movie version, the version with thom york is not as haunting.
Liez-too lazy to sign in, just have to tell the world what's gnawing at my soul