Saturday, March 17, 2007

If you're squemish, stop here

I pierced my own ears today!

I managed to successfully push the needle through,
sadly my aim was wonky so i pulled the needle out.

Gonna leave this initial hole to seal up
And aim true the next time.

I've been meaning to get bits pierced for ages. Havent got around to doing it, but i will! I didnt really want more ear piercings, but the past few weeks ive been entertaining the idea of two more holes on my right ear, going up from the two i already have.

Last night i asked another friend to pierce my ears- and she just told me to do it myself. She's done 3 holes on each ear all by herself. She gave me the 101 and a warning....

Its not like i decided to do it last night. I woke up this morning feeling good. I was looking in the mirror and pulled a push-pin from my board (conveniently an arm's length away). I dug in my drawer for an alcohol swab- cleaned the needle and my ear.

Stared in the mirror for a bit, put the needle on my skin, and just pushed it through.

I went in easily with hardly any pain. My flesh was soft and pliant- hardly any resistance until needle had to go through the skin on the other side. Even then, it was just a little pressure.

It wasnt painful, in fact, i kinda felt nothing. Just heat flooding that ear and a ever-so-slight rush.
I was surprised how easy it was. And painless. The only thing was i picked push-pin with a viridian green top and the hole i made was too close to the free edge of my ear. So out it went.
A small red prick mark is all that's left. Maybe a tiny spot of blood.

So yeah, its pretty easy. Just gotta keep it clean. And the right colour and location. And after a while, it feels good. The endogenous morphines are coursing now.

5 comments:

Only Kye said...

you know. i was fine until the bit you said it was too close to the edge of your ear and all that's left is a tear spot.

that's when i felt like passing out.

:)

Liez said...

No tears whatsoever-it's like a tiny little hole. It sealed up almost instantly, just the teeniest drop of blood to mark where it was. i couldnt wait-I've made a new hole: a black push-pin and the right spot.
i now can understand why people say piercingis addictive.

Only Kye said...

oh correction. 'the teeniest drop of blood'

yea thats the passing out statement right there. :P

Liez said...

i just gave the piercing its first warm salt-water clean. i can confirm that the wound is still raw cos it hurts like a BITCH!! Should help it to heal faster and keep any pesky infections at bay. This is more work than i thought it'll be. It'll be another week or more before i can take the push-pin out and put jewellery in.

Liez said...

the push pin fell out, got tugged out by my hair. Stabbed in my single Pt/crystallized carbon stud in the hole- couldnt get it through the other side, and my friend who was there at the time had to push it through.Ouch! At least its a nice stud now instead of a push-pin. So much for waiting a week and some. Haha, things never do turn out the way they're suppose to.