Monday, July 17, 2006

Archive-June 16
Dreams-i've been having the wierdest dreams lately. They're all a bit scary and frightening in a surreal way. Worst of all, i sometimes cant tell it's a dream. I know the dreams are not prophetic because i dont sleep well nowadays. I get these vivid dreams when i take naps-i usually just lie in half my bed and cuddle under a blanket. I stare at the wall/ceiling and i try to rest. I mull over work or how i should work and then my eyes slowly shut. My conciousness fights it though-im not suppose to fall asleep, i'm just resting....And this turmoil goes on, and it just manifest in the wierd imagery of my dreams.
usually the dreams begin simply and usually it's some kind of adventure and travel. I dont remember them exactly, but they leave impressions. The feel and look of the dreams are usually like B-grade horror/adventure flicks. Think along the lines of scream, the rocky horror show and tequila body shots. I've been watching too many late night HBO filler films. It's a wonder why these crappy movies leave such an imprint in my brain that my brain decided to re-enact my deepest darkest thoughts and fears in such a setting. It's my fault. I was reading dark gothic short stories before i slept (the first time). I take many short sleeps nowadays and wake up telling myself to work...even getting up and going to the loo, washing my face and sitting at my table. Then the front of my head becomes very tense and very heavy and my eyes just want to close. Then i relent and crawl to bed, telling myself it'll just be 5 minutes. It never is. And then i dream.
Anyway-yeah, the recent dream i just woke up from felt like 'tales from the crypt' + 'rocky horror show' set in the backgroud of STP's sour girl video. You know, a telly tubby's set but darker and rougher. There was lots of running, meeting wierd people and more than normal no. of people in red baywatch swimsuits. And also white greek priestess outfits. It's really like a B-grade movie. Oh, and add 'Mar's attacks' as an influence too. the world was being attacked, and i was in a country and running away with the leader of the country (some chick in white greek priestess dress). We got split up halfway when we attacked- when we had to run, split up and hide. The attackers/shooters were human-there was a scene where i was hiding in a shed and i saw the exact face of a person peering at me through the window of the shed. The person winked, smiled and didnt give me away. He just ignored my presence. They did however break down the shed. I managed to hide under some transport vehicle but had to follw the enemy troops to another place. Desert like, with sparse, tall bushes with a romanesque pillars standing out of the ground. I ran away and met people (non-army) in this new place. They were still in white greek dresses, and so i knew they were good (i didnt know why i thought that-but i did...). Anyway, from there we appeared in this colourful terrace house in what it looks like English Surburbia in summer. The people we met there were leaders of other countries (must be some safehouse). There was a bruce-willis lookalike (as not why....i dont know either) and the first greek white-dress person i met. They figured out to beat the army and having deep discussions. I wasnt involved and was wandering around in this oddly colourful and airy english terrace house. Pulling aside the curtains i saw outside these people in red baywatch swimsuits sorta coming into the lawn by sorta pulling down the fence of the lawn (so that rather than being perpendicular to the ground it becomes parallel) and then crawled in from underneath.
Then i woke up. Groggy and cursing myself for oversleeping again.
It's too wierd. i wont even bother interpretating it. But now i will only read happy stories before i go to sleep. And i will decide to sleep-no more 5 minute break thingies anymore. Creepy....

No comments: