Monday, July 17, 2006

Archive-July 10
Football-new love, new obsession or just a month long fling?-The world cup's over. Im glad Italy won, although i thought maybe France should've won, just to give the old horses a glorious exit. I'm partially miffed at Argentina's fairly early exit, and Brazilian's sad lost of form. I guess you can have too much of a good thing. Portugal did pretty well for themselves-kinda hoped they could've got a gold star this year....well....Italy's team was yummy, so was Spain....There's this joke that i should date the whole team....and after the terrible defeat i suppose they all need some cheering up...heheheh...all good....But that aside, watching football alone at 3 o'clock in the morning is not as fun as watching football at 8 in the evening while enjoying dinner and cheering on (or booing off) the teams playing with other ppl. Half time is especially perfect for running up and getting dessert (usually ice-cream) outta the freezer. I dont have amazing stamina, and i am a girl who like her sleep in good amounts, and so the watching games at 3 o'clock in the morning really tests my staying up ability. I tend to fall asleep if there are no exciting bits and i float in and outta sleep while in my head im screaming at myself to wake up. even with the finals i watched till half time and tend fell asleep. I blame my mom-she saw me nodding off on the floor so she threw me a pillow-bless her. I spent the night on the floor in front of the TV...missing the Zidane sending off and the penalties....
I've just started this liking football. I used to hate the sport. No real reason why-just didnt like it. But it all began with Kaka. and Fabregas. The cutest players ever. And if there's one thing that gets eliza's attention it's cute, fit men. So thus it began. Cos the fact that the boys i hang with are all major football fans and are keen to spread the love-i started watching. Champion's league semi's and finals. I actually also liked the whole social feel of watching football-hanging with friends, having drinks, and just screaming at ppl at the screen to run!!! Good fun....
And then it began....i started watching matches, and matches provided well needed respite (and distraction)from studying. Instead of studying for end-of-years i'd watch a game or 2 instead. That's about 3 hours...But it's resting...and socializing....
I'm not sure how long the love of football will last. With the world cup over, it's like a real drop. All that build-up of excitement and i fell asleep at the second half. Geesh. I better not get started on the premiership. That'll screw up all my studying here on.

No comments: